“...a valuable member of the MWRD board since he was elected in 2018 after an unusual write-in primary race. He has been a leader in setting the district’s environmental agenda...
Editorial Board, 2020
“Our strongest recommendation goes to Cameron 'Cam' Davis, who in 2018 won a two-year term and richly deserves a full term.”
Editorial Board, 2020
“We generally give [an endorsement] to incumbents doing a good job, and Davis...appear[s] to be doing so.”
Daily Herald Editorial Board, 2020
Cam standing for the public interest is only matched by the public standing with him, as shown by the data:
- In his first time running for public office, Cam ran in 2018 as a county-wide write-in candidate. When pundits thought no one could win a county-wide write-in race, together we broke the previous statewide record for write-in votes set in 1944 by Franklin Roosevelt (with 47,561 write-ins) with Cam receiving 54,183 write-ins.
Cam's Protecting Our Aquatic Environment
- Former Governor Bruce Rauner sought to block voters from electing someone of their own choosing in 2018 by appointing someone until 2020. Cam fought Rauner's illegal power grab in court and won for Cook County voters.
- Cam received 1,124,347 votes throughout the County, making Cam Davis the top vote-getter of any MWRD candidate in 2018. That amounted to 74.8% of the vote in suburban Cook County and 82.63% of the vote in the city of Chicago.
HOW CAM WORKS FOR YOU
Cam Davis has fought for your water his entire 30+ year career:
- President Obama's Great Lakes point person
- Clean Water Act attorney
- President & CEO of the Alliance for the Great Lakes
- Law professor, University of Michigan Law School
- Commissioner, Metropolitan Water Reclamation District of Greater Chicago (MWRD)
Cam Davis will continue to fight for your water:
- Reducing flooding, especially in our most vulnerable communities
- Advocating for and funding green infrastructure
- Supporting prevailing-wage jobs
Water Log | News
On Friday, the Chicago Tribune announced their endorsements for the Metropolitan Water Reclamation District, and I am thrilled to be one of their endorsed candidates! “That’s Cameron Davis, who was President Barack Obama’s point person on Great Lakes restoration. He also headed the Chicago-based Alliance for the Great Lakes and served as a litigation attorney for…
I am happy to announce today that the Chicago Sun-Times has announced that I am one of their endorsed candidates for the Metropolitan Water Reclamation District. Joining Debra Shore, Kari Steele, and Martin Durkan as their endorsed candidates. From the article: “Davis has spent more than 30 years working on water issues as a litigating…
Thank you to U.S. Rep. Jan Schakowsky for her kind words of endorsement!” When I think of Jan, I think of her battle cry, “WHEN WE FIGHT, WE WIN.” With every move Trump makes to dismantle public health and environmental protections for our families, her endorsement matters more than ever. On Feb. 3, Rep. Schakowsky…
In a key development in the race, Davis picked up two high-profile endorsements. “I’ve known Cam since he put himself through law school at night at Chicago-Kent College of Law in the late ‘80s. He’s fought for the public’s right to clean water for more than three decades,” said northside U.S. Rep. Jan Schakowsky. “He’s…
A former Obama appointee formally launched his campaign today for the Metropolitan Water Reclamation District Board of Commissioners. Cam Davis served both terms in the Obama administration as coordinator of 11 federal departments, including the White House Council on Environmental Quality, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, and others. He also served as the Administration’s liaison to…