“...a valuable member of the MWRD board since he was elected in 2018 after an unusual write-in primary race. He has been a leader in setting the district’s environmental agenda...
Editorial Board, 2020
“Our strongest recommendation goes to Cameron 'Cam' Davis, who in 2018 won a two-year term and richly deserves a full term.”
Editorial Board, 2020
“We generally give [an endorsement] to incumbents doing a good job, and Davis...appear[s] to be doing so.”
Daily Herald Editorial Board, 2020
Cam standing for the public interest is only matched by the public standing with him, as shown by the data:
- In his first time running for public office, Cam ran in 2018 as a county-wide write-in candidate. When pundits thought no one could win a county-wide write-in race, together we broke the previous statewide record for write-in votes set in 1944 by Franklin Roosevelt (with 47,561 write-ins) with Cam receiving 54,183 write-ins.
Cam's Protecting Our Aquatic Environment
- Former Governor Bruce Rauner sought to block voters from electing someone of their own choosing in 2018 by appointing someone until 2020. Cam fought Rauner's illegal power grab in court and won for Cook County voters.
- Cam received 1,124,347 votes throughout the County, making Cam Davis the top vote-getter of any MWRD candidate in 2018. That amounted to 74.8% of the vote in suburban Cook County and 82.63% of the vote in the city of Chicago.
HOW CAM WORKS FOR YOU
Cam Davis has fought for your water his entire 30+ year career:
- President Obama's Great Lakes point person
- Clean Water Act attorney
- President & CEO of the Alliance for the Great Lakes
- Law professor, University of Michigan Law School
- Commissioner, Metropolitan Water Reclamation District of Greater Chicago (MWRD)
Cam Davis will continue to fight for your water:
- Reducing flooding, especially in our most vulnerable communities
- Advocating for and funding green infrastructure
- Supporting prevailing-wage jobs
Water Log | News
Most candidates take up to two years to campaign for a primary election to the Metropolitan Water Reclamation District. THANKS TO YOU we did it in two months. No one we could find had ever garnered the number of write-in votes to win in a Cook County-wide race. Thanks to you we broke the state…
In Cam’s recent visit to WTTW, he shares why he’s running for MWRD Commissioner in a 1 minute, 45 second video. View the full video HERE or by clicking the image above. Sign up here for updates or follow Cam on Facebook or Twitter.
Don’t miss these 4 ways in 4 days to honor your water and campaign updates in our latest e-newsletter. https://conta.cc/2ON2fs2
Don’t miss this editorial in the Chicago Tribune Cheating 54,000 Democrats—and maybe other voters, too Photo credit: Chicago Tribune Please do your part to get the word out about strong leadership for our water. Share this with to 20 friends to forward to their friends or donate to the CAMpaign.
Thanks to Two Broads Talking Politics Podcast for having me on their audacious and awesome podcast to discuss “the weirdness of this particular race” for Metropolitan Water Reclamation District of Greater Chicago Commissioner. Click here to listen to the podcast. Highlights include a thank you to the many Indivisible Illinois groups that hosted me during…
After a drawn-out race that pundits didn’t think could be won, the CAMpaign declared victory today. Thanks to an all-out effort by volunteers and donors–with no corporate PAC contributions–Cam amassed several times the number of write-in votes needed to become the Democratic nominee in the general election. While all votes won’t be certified until next…